WHY LIGHT PORTLAND’S BRIDGES?
- To make the Willamette River and its bridges the visual focus of our city by night as well as by day.
- To visually enhance the historic and remarkable features of the bridges.
- To highlight and honor these structures which connect the mutually-dependent east
and west neighborhoods of Portland.
- To show in a bright and cheerful manner the civic pride felt by those who live and work here.
- To strengthen positive impressions of our city gained by visitors, business and tourist alike.
- To add a dimension of delight to river crossings.