Where is the best place to view the lights?
- There are many great places in Portland to view the lights on the Morrison Bridge. If you are going to be with a group you could meet to view the lights on the west side of the river in Waterfront Park. The Hawthorn Bridge and the Burnside Bridge both have great views of the Morrison Bridge as well but can be difficult if you have a group.
I am with xyz group, can I get a discount or a free lighting?
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer any discounts or "pro-bono" lighting sponsorships at this time. There are fixed costs associated with lighting the bridge ranging from electrical fees to equipment repair and upgrades and they do not allow any room for discounts.
Who can put lights on the bridge?
- Any person or organization may put their lights on the bridge. The Willamette Light Brigade reserves the right to decline a lighting application for any reason. We will not light the bridge for any organization or person related to anything that promotes hate, violence, or illegal activity. Some past bridge lighting examples include the Portland Timbers, Race for the Cure and individuals celebrating loved ones.
When will my lights show up on the bridge?
- Your lights will show up on the bridge the evening of the date of your first lighting and run through the following morning of your last date of lighting. For example, if you have a lighting scheduled for Monday through Thursday, your lights will come on Monday evening and will be on through Friday Morning. The exact time that the lights will come on will vary depending on the time of the year.
How does the Willamette Light Brigade assign bridge lighting priority?
- The Willamette Light Brigade assigns bridge lighting dates based on the order in which payment is received. Due to the high volume of applications we receive this is the only way to fairly assign dates during periods in which more than one party would like to light the bridge at the same time. The best way to ensure you get the date you want is to send in payment as soon as possible. Please note that sending in your lighting application does not reserve your date - only the receipt of your payment can do so.