- Mile: 6.9
- Opened: August 12, 1989, 1908
- Type: 1989 Vertical Lift Span, 1908 Swing Span
- Engineers/Designers: Engineers/Designers: Reconstruction in 1989 by HNTB Engineering, Original in 1908 by Ralph Modjeski
- Owner: Burlington Norther-Santa Fe Railroad
- Total Length: 1,702'
- Main Span Length: 532'
- GPS Coordinates: 45.577098, -122.747175
Burlington Northern Railroad Bridge
ABOUT THE BURLINGTON
This is the second moveable railroad-only bridge at this site. The first, a swing-span, was built in 1908. Wikipedia has a nice entry on the Burlington.
This bridge only accommodates commercial rail traffic and is not currently proposed for architectural lighting by WLB.